BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. In 2020, BitGo launched Prime Trading and Lending, as well as BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 400 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for a Compliance Intern to join the team in New York City. This role will be a hybrid between work from home and occasional office visits.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Researching and documenting issues identified during client onboarding and country risk reviews
- Playing a role in implementation of AML and Sanctions related activities
- Performing a quality assurance function as it relates to alert disposition
- Researching and cataloging current financial crime-related news worthy items, enforcement actions, laws, regulations, and trends
- Testing and monitoring compliance program activities including scoping the test and defining expected outcomes, sample selection, conducting interviews, documenting testing results both at a detailed and executive summary level
- Having a dedicated mentor who will help you navigate through BitGo as a whole. From onboarding you to teaching you about the crypto domain, your mentor will get you ramped up and ready to make an impact - all while showing you what it means to be at BitGo!
- Currently enrolled in a full-time, degree-seeking program (Pre-Law, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration major) with an expected graduation date in 2023
- Looking for in-person opportunities in the New York City area
- Experience with Microsoft Office or Google Workspace
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills (written and verbal communication)
- Strong project management skills, proactive, ability to own projects to completion
- Passion for technology, collaboration, and creative problem-solving
- Experience with quantitative analysis or information management
- Passion for (or interest in learning about) Crypto and Blockchain
- Experience in Financial Crimes investigations or monitoring in either Legal or Compliance
- Experience in writing test scripts or conducting testing
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.