THE ROLE IN A NUTSHELL
We are looking for an ambitious and hungry research analyst intern that will work with the sales/marketing team to develop ideas for content pieces, conduct primary research, draft content (both short and long form), and release their analysis on behalf of Floating Point Group.
The perfect fit for this role will be someone who enjoys conducting research, is experienced with telling a story through data sets, and is curious about exploring new topics. Though prior knowledge about web3 & cryptocurrencies is not essential to success in this role, curiosity about the space certainly is!
As a critical piece of the content generation process, you will draft content pieces and analyze data that explore recent industry developments, working with the team to prioritize topics of interest. You'll bring energy and creativity to thinking about the emerging Web3 & cryptocurrency space and continuously innovate to drive FPG industry leadership.
Over the course of the internship (~10 weeks), the Research Analyst will be expected to deliver anywhere between 5 to 10 content pieces, at least 1 every other week over the internship.
What you’ll be doing.
Understand and Write About Internal Priorities/Goals
- Understand growth goals of Floating Point Group to deliver pieces to target audience
- Understand our product roadmap to extract relevance of the product we're building to the needs of the clients
- Ability to thoroughly describe what FPG does and how our products impact the cryptocurrency space as a financial services provider
- Develop a diverse set of topics to write on (Legal, Competitive landscape, Custody basics, Trading strategies, Emerging Technologies, FPG press releases, etc.)
- Write 5-10 pieces over the course of the summer covering key aspects of the crypto space
- Deliver content in different formats that can be used across different platforms like website, LinkedIn, twitter, etc.
- Design an internal review process for the release of content pieces
- Design and conduct research to obtain primary and secondary data on topic of relevance
- Leverage access to data resources and news outlets to lead research/analysis process
- You are a great writer that likes to communicate in narrative form
- You have prior experience developing charts/graphs through R Studio, Stata, Python or another data organization/development tool.
- You should be comfortable with telling a story through a data set - D3 is your best friend.
- You like to conduct research - primary and secondary - that you use for your writing content
- Resourcefulness when working individually and collaboration skills when developing direction for content pieces
- You prioritize transparency and contribute to an open learning environment
- You have a great curiosity about the Web3/Cryptocurrency space and how it impacts the world around us
- You take initiative and constantly seek ways to improve internal processes
- You ask for help when you need it
- You have several high quality writing samples to provide us (Can be unrelated to crypto)