We’re looking for (frontend/backend) software engineering interns who want to go all in on cryptocurrency.
You will be tackling challenging problems in many aspects of crypto - staking, protocols, defi, cryptocurrency exchanges, and more.
Duration: This will be a 10-12 week internship with a competitive salary. We are based in NYC, but are open to remote work.
What you’ll be doing.
- Drive ambitious technical projects that immediately impact our customers.
- A few of our projects:
- A defi wallet secured by multi party computation. We believe Defi is the game changer enabled by cryptocurrency, but access to defi conventionally uses insecure crypto wallet technology and practices. We are approaching this problem with a novel custody model where we divide a wallet’s key into multiple keyshares for decentralized distributed transaction signing, increasing security and fault tolerance in crypto.
- An interface (API + GUI) to enable customers seamless access to both trading and settlement systems in cryptocurrencies. We are especially customer-first for this project, rapidly iterating our products and practicing Continuous Integration/Continuous Development best practices, as we make real-time product decisions in response to customer’s feedback.
- Handle flow-of-funds and asset tracking across exchange venues and wallets. This involves having a robust system capable of sending transactions requests to venues/wallets based on user input (or algorithmically triggered items), tackling all of the idiosyncrasies unique to cryptocurrency. This also involves ensuring that we have a local replica of the information provided on exchange venues (balances, order history, pricings, etc.)
- Work with the talented, ambitious, and creative members of our engineering team + more.
- You'll be collaborating with our engineers who bring with them rigorous and diverse industry experience, while also interfacing with customers and our business development team members, for rapid product feedback.
- Learn and grow at a breakneck pace as our company rapidly scales.
- As a member of a nimble startup, you can expect autonomy, it's something we intentionally build into our workflow. We expect that you not only take ownership of your work, but you have an appetite for doing so.
Who you are.
- You want to learn quickly and ship rapidly in a startup.
- As a startup from MIT, we are familiar with drinking from the firehose. A startup is no different, and we’re looking for people who can maneuver quickly in a fast-growing environment.
- You’ve demonstrated a penchant for success via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or research.
- You have a proven background in problem solving, and you want to take it to the next level, applying the same core concepts into solving real world problems. Your keen intuition for problem solving is supplemented by your clear communication so that you can answer how a certain product requirement may require a particular engineer decision, or conversely, how a technology in our stack can affect future business opportunities.
- You strive to be a world-class engineer.
- You want to learn the discipline and craft of software development, you invest in learning and tooling, and you insist on technical excellence from yourself and your peers.
More about Floating Point Group.
Our Team: We are technologists and we are builders. We spent years of our lives building some of the most frontier computer science systems. We've designed, built, and deployed distributed data capturing systems at AWS, natural language processing models at MIT, and data pipelines for cancer cell analysis. Many of us have founded businesses previously. We founded FPG with a single goal: to improve the digital asset financial ecosystem. But, more importantly, to enjoy every minute of building a company, creating a culture, and shipping a product. We are the FPG family, and we would love to meet you.