Who We Are
Subspace Network is building a radically decentralized, next-generation blockchain which allows developers to easily run Web3 apps at Internet scale. Subspace is based on original research funded by the US National Science Foundation and planning to launch its Network later this year. Subspace Labs is an early-stage, venture-backed startup with a remote-first, globally distributed team. To learn more, visit our website and read the technical whitepaper.
We are seeking a Protocol Security Research Intern to join our rapidly growing team of Blockchain and Cryptocurrency enthusiasts and engineers. As a Research Intern you will be responsible for assisting in analyzing the security claims of the Subspace Network. Your goal is to work on proving these claims or suggesting improvement to the protocol as needed to support them.
Other Areas for Contribution:
- Research and review our solutions to some of the hardest problems in the blockchain space, as they relate to Nakamoto consensus, decentralized storage, decoupled execution, crypto-economic incentives, and the blockchain scalability trilemma.
- Collaborate with our Research team to transform findings into peer-review quality specificaitons, publications, and presentations.
- Work with our university partners, academic advisors, and third party engineering security partners on formal security analyses and audits.
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program in computer science, cryptography, or a related field, with the ability to dedicate at least 8 weeks to the internship
- Completed graduate level coursework in cryptography, distributed systems, peer-to-peer networking, or crypto-economic game theory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to collaborate across our protocol and research teams
- Passion and curiosity for decentralized, peer-to-peer systems and Web3 technologies.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation and flexibility to work from anywhere in the world
- A unique opportunity to shape the future of the Subspace Network and play a critical role in building the world’s most scalable blockchain.
- Company-sponsored team offsites in various locations around the world.